Emergency Outdoor First Aid
2 Day Course
The Emergency First Aid (2 day) training course is very popular with anybody whose interests or work as in instructor, leader or guide take them out into the hills and mountains, be it walking, climbing, biking, paragliding, canoeing, kayaking, SUP’ing, horse riding or simply just enjoying the views! This course is designed to give you the practical skills and knowledge to be more prepared should a first aid incident occur, especially if this happens to be in a remote area. A two day modular course, the Emergency First Aid course is designed to introduce a systematic method of first aid for managing casualties. The course is a balance of classroom based learning and practical hands on outdoor scenarios mimicking real life first aid situations. The course includes: the fundamental workings of the body, in particular the heart, lungs and airway; assessing a casualty; introduces a system to cope with all incidents as safely as possible; deciding how to deal with an accident or incident; awareness of delayed medical help and adverse environmental conditions
Principles of First Aid
Emergency Action & Safety– a methodical system to manage emergencies safely
- Airway Problems – recognising airway problems and managing the airway
- Safe Airway Position & Casualty care
- CPR – cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Breathing Problems – coping with choking, Asthma
- Circulation Problems – shock, chest pain, collapsing, heart stoppage
- Unconsciousness – collapsing, what can it be? What do you do?
- Bleeding – treating bleeding from open wounds
- Major Damage and Shock
- Environmental Injuries – Hypothermia, Frostbite and Frost Nip, Hyperthermia
- Major Injuries – Head Injuries, Stroke, Chest Injury, Heart Attack, Stomach, Pelvis, Spine (inc casualty transportation)
- Head to Toe Checks
- Limb injuries – Bones, Muscles, Joints, Slings, Splints and Soft Tissue
- Common Medical Conditions – Diabetes, Seizures, Anaphylactic Shock
- Eye Injuries
The 2 day Emergency Outdoor First Aid certificate is valid for three years. It is the approved course for: British Cycling (BC), MBLA (SMBLA), UKMBLA, MIAS, CTC, MLTUK – ML summer and winter, RYA, BASI, ASSI, BCU, BOF and most other Governing Bodies.
All training courses are based in Conwy area unless otherwise specified.
- January 18th-19th (Sat & Sun) 2020 1 Space Available
- March 2nd-3rd (Mon & Tues) 2020 Spaces Available
- April 18th-19th (Sat & Sun) 2020 Cancelled due to COVID-19
- May 21st-22nd (Thur & Fri) 2020 Spaces Available
- July 4th-5th (Sat & Sun) 2020 Spaces Available
- September 19th-20th (Sat & Sun) 2020 Spaces Available
- October 15th-16th (Thur & Fri) 2020 Spaces Available
- November 14th-15th (Sat & Sun) 2020 Spaces Available
- December 10th-11th (Thur & Fri) 2020 Spaces Available
How to book and pay:
- Choose the course that you would like to to attend from the drop down menu.
- Enter your preferred date in the empty box below.
- Enter your mobile number in the next box (when we email you course information it sometimes goes into your junk mail folder, so if we don’t hear from you we’ll text message you as well).
- Read the terms and conditions at the bottom of the page.
- Click add to cart and this will take you to the paypal payment processing page. (You don’t need a PayPal account to pay, you can use a credit or debit card.
If you have payment problems, please get in touch 07738 288 552.
If you want us to invoice you for a course, please email or ring us with the course date and invoicing details. Our terms are strictly 28 days.