Emergency Outdoor First Aid (REC)
2 Day Course
Course Dates and Locations
- January 9th-10th (Sat & Sun) CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19
- February 11th-12th (Thur & Fri) CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19
- March 13th-14th (Sat & Sun) Full
- March 18th-19th (Thur & Fri) Full
- April 22nd-23rd (Thur & Fri) Full – Venue is Rowen, near Conwy (to join the waiting list for cancellations, text or email us)
- May 22nd-23rd (Sat & Sun) 3 Spaces – Venue is Rowen, near Conwy
- June 24th-25th (Thur & Fri) Full – Venue is Rowen, near Conwy (to join the waiting list for cancellations, text or email us)
- Autumn courses will be added in June 2021
If you need help booking and paying, click here.
Terms and Conditions click here
About the course
As from August 2020 all our First Aid courses are COVID-19 secure courses, to see a summary of this click here.
The REC (Rescue Emergency Care) Emergency First Aid (2 day) training course is very popular with anybody whose interests or work as in instructor, leader or guide take them out into the hills and mountains, be it walking, climbing, biking, paragliding, canoeing, kayaking, SUP’ing, horse riding or simply just enjoying the views! This course is designed to give you the practical skills and knowledge to be more prepared should a first aid incident occur, especially if this happens to be in a remote area. A two day modular course, the REC Emergency First Aid course is designed to introduce a systematic method of first aid for managing casualties. The course is a balance of classroom based learning and practical hands on outdoor scenarios mimicking real life first aid situations. The course includes: the fundamental workings of the body, in particular the heart, lungs and airway; assessing a casualty; introduces a system to cope with all incidents as safely as possible; deciding how to deal with an accident or incident; awareness of delayed medical help and adverse environmental conditions
- Principles of First Aid
- Vital signs
- Emergency Action & Safety– a methodical system to manage emergencies safely
- Airway Problems – recognising airway problems and managing the airway
- Safe Airway Position & Casualty care
- CPR – cardiopulmonary resuscitation inc COVID-19 secure CPR
- Breathing Problems – coping with choking, Asthma
- Circulation Problems – shock, chest pain, collapsing, heart stoppage
- Unconsciousness – collapsing, what can it be? What do you do?
- Bleeding – treating bleeding from open wounds
- Major Damage and Shock
- Environmental Injuries – Hypothermia, Frostbite and Frost Nip, Hyperthermia
- Major Injuries – Head Injuries, Stroke, Chest Injury, Heart Attack, Stomach, Pelvis, Spine (inc casualty transportation)
- Head to Toe Checks
- Limb injuries – Bones, Muscles, Joints, Slings, Splints and Soft Tissue
- Common Medical Conditions – Diabetes, Seizures, Anaphylactic Shock
- Eye Injuries
The 2 day REC Emergency Outdoor First Aid certificate is valid for three years. It is the approved course for: British Cycling (BC), MBLA (SMBLA), UKMBLA, MIAS, CTC, MLTUK – ML summer and winter, RYA, BASI, ASSI, BCU, BOF and most other Governing Bodies.
How to book and pay:
- Choose the course that you would like to to attend from the drop down menu.
- Enter your preferred date in the empty box below.
- Enter your mobile number in the next box (when we email you course information it sometimes goes into your junk mail folder, so if we don’t hear from you we’ll text message you as well).
- Read the terms and conditions – click here.
- Click add to cart and this will take you to the paypal payment processing page. (You don’t need a PayPal account to pay, you can use a credit or debit card.
If you have payment problems, please get in touch 07738 288 552.
If you want us to invoice you for a course, please email or ring us with the course date and invoicing details. Our terms are strictly 28 days.
Return to book now
If you need a replacement certificate, you need to order and pay for it below. Select if you want it emailing or posting to you. If you want it posting out to you, you need to let us have your address too!