Changes to First Aid training during the COVID-19 pandemic
For the foreseeable future how First Aid training courses are run has changed, this is a summary of those changes, this is to keep everyone safe on courses and help stop the spread of this virus:
Before the course:
You will be emailed the following form, you will need to fill this in and return it within 24 hours of the start of the course.
When you arrive:
– You will need to confirm you are still asymptomatic and you will have your temperature taken with a non contact thermometer. If you do have any symptoms or a temperature, you will not be allowed to attend the course.
– You will be given your PPE for the course.
During the course:
– In the past on First Aid courses we have used students to do demonstrations on and then students have practiced various first aid techniques on each other, this can no longer happen with social distancing.
– We will be having a reduced number of candidates attending.
– Social distancing will be strictly adhered to.
– Face masks or shields must be worn whilst inside the building.
– You will have your own sealed box of First Aid training equipment, this is not to be shared by anyone (the contents will have been cleaned at least three days before the course and then sealed)
– Each candidate will have his or her own CPR manikin – no sharing.
– No drinks or refreshments will be provided.
After the course
- There will be a small amount of practical homework needed by each student which will be needed to be done with a member of your household or bubble, it really will only take 15-20 miniutes.
- You will need to fill in an online feedback form.
- Certificates can be downloaded you printed yourself.
- If you develop any COVID-19 symptoms within 14 days of attending the course, you must let us know so we can tell others who attended the course (track and trace).